Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Visit to Soundararaj's Home

My tuk tuk ride back



Mrs. Soundararaj



It was hard for me to speak Sinhala but after being there for a while it was obvious that we had one language in common...football!
Meal time. The food was really good


Neighboor's kid


The man on the right is a tuk tuk driver friend and the guy in the green shirt is Soundararaj with his wife standing next to him

His daughter reminds me of my little sister

Dunisha helping her mom

Soundararaj's three kids

the first son

Dinusha

Dinusha

I can't remember the boys' names

Soundararaj is the maintenance person here at ADRA Sri Lanka. However, his contract will end towards the end of next month. His son was recently seriously sick so I decided to go and visit them. Take some time to fellowship, enjoy some home-made Sri Lankan food (lovely!) and pray for them. I had a great time at their home and I had the opportunity to relearn some really valuable life principles. During my visit it was impossible not to notice the amount of love that was being shown in this family - between both parents and their three children. It seemed to me that every interaction was done with a special touch of love. Soundararaj's family is really poor. Being from the Tamil minority of Sri Lanka it is especially hard for him to find employment. This is due to ethnic tensions that have have been festering in the country for decades now. This family needs a comfortable place for the children to sleep. They also need support with the medical costs for the eldest son who suffers from a thyroid-related disorder. If you're interested in helping, find out how you can help. It's simple. You can post a comment here or simply e-mail me at esperant@gmail.com Enjoy the photos!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will keep him in my prayers

Anonymous said...

hey...hahaha..whats up????

Anonymous said...

u have a nice blog.
cool pictures :)