Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ADRA Africa



So it's been a long time since I've updated my newsletter and by now I'm sure there are very few of you out there reading it. I guess I have an excuse for the long period without posting...well, kind of. To make the long story short, there basically wasn't much happening around here and I had very little to write about.

I'm back to Africa and it's great to be back to the mother land. Living at home/with my parents has been hard to adjust to, however. After living alone for a while there are many things that I've had to start getting used to again. But I'm doing alright. It's called adaptation and humans are usually the best at it.

Well, as some of you already know, I'm working at the ADRA Africa Regional Office. I don't really have a title. My work is mostly centered on translating report and developing PR material. Since there's only the Regional Director and me working here for the moment, the job description is often too flexible. As a matter of fact, there isn't a job description.

I got a call to go back and work in Sri Lanka as an Assistant Project Director. The offer sounded great and I took it up. Still working on visa and all the paper work that comes with it. I still plan to head back to school in August. This time for real. Motivation: seeing Sendy soon. I know what you're thinking...

Soon I'll be uploading some photos of my activities here in Kenya. Nothing too exciting though. Glad I'm not dodging bombs and bullets anymore.

Bye for now

No comments: