Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Safe in Colombo


Second Quarter Newsletter


Surin Island, Southern Thailand


ADRA Vietnam Annual Report 2005


Setting up water tanks


Eau, source de vie...

Hey people! It's been a really long time since I've posted anything on my journal. There's a lot that has happened since Songkran. Some of the events that occured since then include the completion of the ADRA Vietnam Annual Report which is now in the hands of the printing company along with the first and second quarter newsletters (Xin Chao!). In the month of May I spent some time in southern Thailand (Pukhet, Kuraburi, Takuapa, Aoi Kei....) shooting two DVD productions for ADRA Thailand's Community Recovery and Development Program. This program is designed to help victims of the 2004 Asia tusnami to rebuild their lives. It is a comprehensive program that includes livelihood support, household recovery, adult and child psychosocial support, general health and sanitation, and the rebuilding of damaged infrastructure. I'm now in Sri Lanka where I will be designing and publishing an annual report for ADRA. In addition to that I will be designing and emplementing programs that will benefit both ADRA and the Sri Lanka Mission of Seventh-day adventists. In my spare time I will be supporting the local church with youth ministry programs and Bible studies along with occasional preaching. Alright, that was a long entry. I hope you don't find it too boring. I hope to get some feedback from you all. (esperant@gmail.com)

No comments: